Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Evan's ready for full day at school ?

It's been about 2 weeks since kids started school at YCIS.

I have been picking up Evan & Dyllis separately, the younger one at 12.45pm, and the older one at 3.15pm. This has been like that since the first day till last Thursday (30th August 2007).

On Friday, when I arrived to pick Evan up at 1pm, he was napping ! For once, he fell asleep during the nap time in class ! That was a big surprise to me ! I left, and came back for him at 2pm.

Then, yesterday (Monday-3rd September 2007), the same thing happened ! This time, I stayed on, went up to his class occasionally to peep on him. He was so sound asleep, Teacher had to wake him up at 2pm ! I let him take his snacks in school, and when I went back to peep at him again, he was enjoying story telling by his Chinese Teacher. Hence, decided to let him stay in class till the official school dismissal time.

This is the signal to me, that he is ready for the full day school hours (8am-3.15pm)! That's much earlier then I have expected ! Well, I'll let him try again today, hopefully, if all goes well for the rest of the week, I can confidently declare that I have my "freedom" back again - at least for 7hours on mon-fri :) Yipee !