Ever since the eventful May12 2008, I've been thinking......what is happening in this world? Is it somebody up that thinks that the population of human beings are too many for the Earth to handle, and hence, so get rid of some through such unpreventable catastrophes?
Frankly speaking, if I am not in Shanghai, I do not think that I'll feel as much for those suffering in Sichuan. But the fact that I am in the country where IT happened, I hear reports on radio, read updates in newspapers, watch miserable pleas of human beings on TV, and surf endlessly on the internet for live information....one cannot help it, but feels like crying.
As a mother of two, my heart goes out especially to the dead children and to the orphans. They were defenseless when tragedy hits:(
Sigh...sigh...sigh....that's all I can do. (other than contributing to the donation drive)
At the end of the day, I really hope that the country will 'wake up', and ensure that proper standards are adhered to when constructing buildings that can withstand earthquake in future. And sincerely hope that the school that my little darlings are going to, was not spared the stringent quality control during it's construction!