Saturday, February 14, 2009

Finally......AYI?

Whoops, seems like the only time I ever bother to write is about the all important domestic helper in my house :)

Well, am thinking, maybe I should provide 'closure' to all my AYI woes?

Haha...till date, I think nobody will beat me to the misfortunes in this aspect, wait till you hear what I've just went throught this week !!!! I'll call it a roller coaster ride on the hunt for AYI !

Sunday (8th Feb 2009) - Went over to the agency located in the market opposite my house. Did a brief interview, asked the AYI why did she quit her last job, answer was, she broke a pot and the employer wanted her to pay, hence she quitted. I looked her straight in the eyes, she has no qualms about breaking people's things? So, it was a NO NO...sorry, asked the agent if she has someone else :)

In the same day, another agency called to say she has one AYI for me. The AYI arrived at my house at 7plus in the evening. As I'm talking to her, her eyes were glancing over my house..I did not have a 'feel good' factor about her. Hence, after a brief 5mins chat, I told her, "er..I don't think you are suitable" :)

Tuesday (10th Feb 2009) - Another AYI arrived in my house for trial. She arrived at 10am in the morning, she got to work after I briefed her on the tasks. (She passed the initial 'interview' by me, hence she started working.) I was a bit relieved, and by 2pm I went out to have lunch and do some grocery shopping at Carrefour. After that, went to school to pick the kids. We were a bit relaxed, I was thinking, since there is help at hope, let kids play for awhile in school. But never did I imagine that this AYI was all packed, and ready to go when I arrive home !!

Her reason was that her father-in-law just fell down the mountain, she had to go back to her hometown. My heart sanked :( What bad luck I have with these foreign talents !!

Well, no choice, I had to pick myself up, life has to go on right? Especially when we are in foreign land, and husband was out of town!

Interestingly, that evening, my little monsters were angels...we even had time to go to the playground after dinner !

Wednesday (11th Feb 2009) - I was very hardworking. I did the laundry, cooked the soup, fried the rice, and just in time to join my friends for lunch, followed by coffee at coffee bean & tea leaf before I went to pick the kids !

You won't believe this: As the kids were doing their homework (about 5plus in the evening), an AYI came knocking on our door !! She is the part-time AYI who helped me temporarily(4hours daily) for the month of January. She told me that she quitted her job in the afternoon, so she will be able to help me from 9am - 7pm...hoooray !!

This is really MIRACLE ! A dream comes true! I can't believe it ! But it's true ! This AYI is now working for me, started yesterday (12th Feb 2009), and still currently employed by me TODAY ! Finally...hopefully, this is the last of my CHINA AYIs stories :) Wish me loads of luck !