Friday, September 12, 2008

Our 2008 summer break

Hm...just realised that I've been 'lazy' over the last 3 months and had been 'disappointing' the ardent supporters of my blog by going MIA!

Well, rest assured that I'll make it up by slowly 'revealing' what was going on :) First to kick off shall be how we spent our summer break !

As many of you (my dear friends) would have known, we were back in Singapore ! To cut short my otherwise very lengthy story, this was basically what we've done:
-Arrived in Singapore on 28th June 2008 (which turned out to be Evan's lunar birthday!)
- Went to Sentosa for a few days during the first week;
- Moved from MIL house to a fantastic serviced apartment at Joo Chiat, at the end of the first week;
- Dyllis started going to Tao Nan on 8th July for 5 weeks;
- Catch up with friends & relatives;
- Celebrated Evan's 4th Birthday (small family event);
- Shopped for 'stocks' to bring back to Shanghai;
- Medical appointments for Dyllis (NUH's Prof Hugo & HPB's Student Health Centre)
- Medical appointments for me (NSC & TMC)
- Celebrated National Day;
- Endless sessions of Durians;
- Frequent trips to the East Coast Beach;
- Went to take a ride on the Singapore Flyer;
- Checked out a few 'Getai' when lunar 7th month started (due to the influence of the movie 881!);
- Went to Wild Wild Wet at NTUC Downtown East on the last week be4 return to Shanghai;
- Watched Olympic on T.V.;
- Celebrated FIL's Birthday;
- Headed back to Shanghai on 17th August 2008

After 7 weeks in Singapore, other then feeling happy to gather with family & friends, I was totally exhausted! Not kidding, it made me miss the freedom I had back in Shanghai where kids are at school for long hours, and the luxury of having an AYI to settle the household chores !!

So, if u ask me whether I'll go back to Singapore for so many weeks again? Hm...I'll really think twice...no, not enough, must 三思而后行! haha...