Wednesday, January 20, 2010

First month...

Today, 20th January 2010, exactly one month since we returned from Shanghai.

How are we doing?

Hm...let's see:
1st week after return :
Was busy shopping for the house;

2nd week :
Moved into the house on 28th Dec 2009, lived on bare essentials. Thank goodness has a new helper to help out, was able to go for the 2010 countdown at the floating platform too!

3rd week :
04 Jan 2010 was a BIG DAY =>
1. Dyllis's 1st day in Primary 3, Tao Nan;
2. Evan was hospitalised due to extremely high fever, so high, the thermometer only showed 'hi' ! Only found out much later that he was suffering from 'false measle';
3. Shanghai goods arrived, house turned into 'warzone'.

Spent lots of time clearing the 219 boxes.

4th week :
Most of the boxes are cleared, those lying around are simply items w/o a place for them :) By this week, I was already 'battery flat'....a bit slow in clearing the stuffs. The focus was shifted to operational stuffs like marketing, cooking, coaching kids in homework, etc...


As I looked back, I think I should really give myself a pat on the back ! I have actually accomplished quite a bit, and in the midst of it all, I was still pretty much 'SANE' !!!

There were lots of unpleasant surprises (eg, renovation defects, scratched new bed frames, unsuitable wardrobe purchased from Ikea, broken items from the shipment, etc), but was able to 'swallow it all'. Or should I say, I am simply too tired to fret over small stuffs :)

But please, if you ask if I'll like to do this again?? NO WAY ! I want my simple life back ! Am looking forward to a day where I can have a relaxed time after sending kids to school, without having to think about what else to unpack and worry about the space contraints!