Thursday, January 21, 2010

Me, the driver

Gone were the days where we simply step out of the house, and the car & driver were at the doorstep waiting....

But believe it or not, I do not mind NOT having a driver at all ! I simply enjoy the freedom of having the car, and driving myself everywhere, anytime ! (Only time I missed the driver a little, was when I have so many bags of groceries from NTUC, and I have to push the trolley to the car, upload, return the trolley, and drive...back in the good old times in Shanghai, it was in the driver's job scope to do that ! hahaha)

Last week, I had a very interesting time, trying to figure out, what is the best way to fetch Evan to school (Newton Kindergarten) in the morning, and on time.

On the first day, we left at 8.15am, traffic at ECP was not great. Took us 30 minutes to reach destination.

On the second day, we left much earlier, about 7.50am, managed to send Bruce to office at Raffles City, then to school. Arrive just on time, 8.30am.

Bruce suggested trying out the ECP - KPE - PIE - CTE route. It was smooth, but it was costly ! Total $6.50 "eaten up" by the various gantries!

Then, another day, I tried PIE - CTE. It was smooth too, but still quite costly. Think the most expansive part is the CTE !

After the trial & errors on the various highways, finally, concluded that ECP - Rochor exit, is still the best option, $2.50 and smooth if we leave home by 8am :)

It was great fun trying out these routes with Evan. I'll joke with him everytime the $$ gets deducted from the cashcard...that I'll deduct the $$ from his Hong Bao !

After I've decided on the route to take everyday, Evan realised that I wasn't travelling on other roads, he asked "why are you not on the other way?"

And my answer to him was : "Mummy thought you'll like to see the Singapore Flyer, that's why we come by this way everyday !" (^o^)